No 7 Beautifully Matte Foundation



Well hey there!

Another quick post today about something I've wanted to review for a while but thought I'd give it a fair chance before doing so. No 7 is never a brand I usually go for when it comes to make-up, especially foundation so I thought I would give it a go as it's a brand my mum uses often and looks lovely on her. However, I wish I could say the same for myself as I find this foundation pretty horrible.

When I first put it on I  noticed the smell immediately and it was vile. My normal foundations are usually odourless or at least smell good like the Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation, but this has a really strong, almost paint-like smell which wasn't very forgiving when I applied it around my nose.

The texture is very thick and felt heavy on my skin and although on the packaging it claims it has 'Up to 14 hours shine free complexion and a soft, even finish' it just sank into my skin during the day, resulting in breakouts and left my skin looking patchy. The colour I got was 'Cool Ivory' which was the lightest colour available at the Boots store I was in however the more I wore it the more I noticed it had an orange tinge to which made the patchiness look even worse.

All in all I pretty much dislike this product completely, apart from the packaging which I think makes it look like a much higher end product, but it's also very efficient as you can clearly see how much of the product you have left, in my case, quite a lot. So I definitely do not recommend this product if you have skin that's dry or prone to break outs, especially for the price of £13.50.

Thanks for reading, sorry I feel like this is so negative hah, if you've ever tried this foundation or know of any other disappointing ones I'd love to know in the comments :-)

xox

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real! Mascara

Recent Favourites

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation / Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer