My Holiday To Zante

So my last post was well over a month ago, and I am feeling quite guilty, but I have a good excuse as I had been whisked away for 2 weeks to the beautiful island of Zakynthos in Greece. I was particularly excited for this family holiday, with my parents and sister because it was all about the relaxing on this holiday after a stressful year of exams and GCSE's. And this could not have been a more perfect place. The clothes I wore to go on the plane were basic and comfortable and suited the hot weather here in the UK as I left for Greece. I wore a loose grey maxi dress from H&M with a short denim jacket from Primark, Converse shoes and a black leather bag with tassels from Primark.


My family and I flew from Manchester airport for 3 and a half hours to Zante, which is renowned for it's amazingly wild night/party life down in the resort of Laganas. Having being fully aware of this, we chose a quieter village called Argassi which is further away from the party resort. This village was beautiful, set right on the coast of Zakynthos and had a very authentic Greek feel to it, which I adored. I fell in love with the place instantly, it had everything. Amazing weather, crystal clear seas, stunning views and beautiful people.

This is the capital of Zante called Zakynthos or Zante Town. It was so pretty.


We spent a lot of the holiday chilling by the pool and relaxing which was wonderful, and in the night we would go out for dinner and explore the island and our surroundings. Argassi was a busy little village, but wasn't to commercial and I honestly felt like I was in Greece and not in some place that were trying to offer me a home-from-home. I enjoyed the fact they kept everything authentic and real and I loved the people there.

Travelling around the island was beautiful
We took the bus some days down to St Nicholas beach and it was breathtaking to say the least. I've never seen such a pretty beach, with white sands and clear blue water. There were loads of water sports but it was also the perfect place to relax.  I also learned the hard way that day that if you fall asleep half covered by the umbrella and half not, you will 1) suffer extreme pain from a very large red sun burn and 2) you will look absolutely ridiculous walking around the pool the next day half skin coloured, half tomato coloured.



We wanted to see more and more of this incredible island, so we hopped onto this huge boat and traveled around the island to the Blue Caves that surrounded the island, and to Shipwreck Cove. To me, they all sounded like magical places from Pirates of the Caribbean or something but I never thought they'd be so spectacular!!






On the way to the caves and beach was just was beautiful.






There were lots of yachts already there, everything looked expensive, beautiful and flawless.
 They were beyond beautiful, especially Shipwreck Cove. I was honestly speechless as we pulled up onto this little white beach surrounded by magnificent white cliffs that towered above. The sea was freezing but so clear I couldn't even make out how deep it was. The beach was made up of tiny (although extremely painful to walk on) pebbles and right in the middle was this giant, rusting skeleton of a ship, hence its name. At the time there were lots of people there, and all I could do was sit back and just soak up the incredible views.

Although its poor quality, this is a panoramic shot of the cove from were I was sat. We were surrounded by these huge cliffs and the shipwreck was the center of it all.
It was a beautiful trip and Greece is now one of my favorite places in the world, I could so easily see myself living there when I'm older, driving around on a scooter with a gorgeous Greek boy. I cannot wait to hopefully go back in the future, or even visit some of the other beautiful islands in Greece. 










Thank you for reading, and if you want any additional information on where I was staying or anything like that, leave a comment below:) xox

Comments

  1. looks beautiful & lovely photos! totally going threw your posts, hope you don't mind! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wish I was back there, thank you:) not at all, a few too many I'd say:) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi! It looks beautiful! I really miss going on a holiday :(
    Would you like to follow each other? If you like my blog at least,let me know!
    xoxo
    http://foreveramber123.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Benefit They're Real! Mascara

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation / Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer

Recent Favourites